The vestry is the legal representative of the parish with regard to all matters pertaining to its corporate property. The number of vestry members and the term of office varies from parish to parish. Vestry members are usually elected at the annual parish meeting.
The presiding officer of the vestry is the rector. There are usually two wardens. The senior warden leads the parish between rectors and is a support person for the rector. The junior warden often has responsibility for church property and buildings. A treasurer and a secretary or clerk may be chosen. These officers may or may not be vestry members.
The basic responsibilities of the vestry are…
- To help define and articulate the mission of the congregation
- To support the church’s mission by word and deed
- To select the rector
- To ensure effective organization and planning, and
- To manage resources and finances.
The vestry also serves as an advisory council to the priest who by church law is the parish’s chief liturgical and pastoral officer.
- Lana Smith – Co-Warden to the Priest
- Pam Wilson- Co-Warden to the Priest
- Gary Sipkovsky, Warden Property and Grounds
- Sean Leatham
- David Sonnenberg
- Janice Jean
- Barb Burns-Briggs
Clerk To Vestry: Wendy Wahn
Upcoming Vestry Meeting Date:
September 13 at 6:30 in the Narthex
October 11 at 6:30 in the Narthex
November 8 at 6:30 in the Narthex
December 13 at 6:30 in the Narthex
All are welcomed to attend Vestry meetings or bring issues in need of attention to the Vestry members