What to expect when you attend St. Michael’s?
- A friendly hello when you arrive. Everyone is welcome.
- A casual, relaxed, comfortable atmosphere.
- A little red book in the pews. What’s the little red book? It’s our Book of Common Prayer that contains a wealth of information. It’s also the book we use for worship.
- A lot of people will be wearing name tags. There won’t be a quiz, but if you have any questions, those are the people to ask. Even if it’s just ‘Where is the bathroom?’; there are no silly questions.
- Communion. ALL are welcome at the table for (gluten free) bread and wine.
We believe that God loves you – no exceptions.
We Episcopalians believe in a loving, liberating, and life-giving God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. As constituent members of the Anglican Communion in the United States, we are descendants of and partners with the Church of England and the Scottish Episcopal Church, and are part of the third largest group of Christians in the world.
We believe in following the teachings of Jesus Christ, whose life, death, and resurrection saved the world.
We have a legacy of inclusion, aspiring to tell and exemplify God’s love for every human being; women and men serve as bishops, priests, and deacons in our church. Laypeople and clergy cooperate as leaders at all levels of our church. Leadership is a gift from God, and can be expressed by all people in our church, regardless of sexual identity or orientation.